Sunday, January 30, 2011

Read the fine print.

Sooooo..... I finally got something in the mail telling me why I have a hold on my application.  All my tests we done correctly and were complete however I only had the N.P. sign the final page.

I didn't think anything of it because it has always been the doctor I have gone to for everything.  However, on the paperwork it says it must be co-signed by a M.D. or D.O.  Sad part is I didn't know what this meant until I had a little one on one time with google :).

I will be faxing back the co-signature on Monday which will hopefully cure me of my medical hold and push me onto placement (fingers crossed).

Here is my advice to all of you who are filling out paperwork.... TAKE YOUR TIME and READ ALL THE FINE PRINT.  If I had realized my N.P. was not a M.D. or D.O. I would have definitely made sure there was a co-signature and I could have been medically cleared already and onto placement.

Woops.

Anyways... I just finished reading Banker to the Poor  which was an excellent book but I am currently searching for a new book to sink my teeth into... if you have any advice I would love to hear it.

Hope everyone is having a wonderful 2011 thus far.

xoxo

Katie

2 comments:

  1. Just for a change of pace and to enjoy a little academic fun - - - try:

    1.) Freakonomics
    2.) Super Freakonomics

    Both by: Steven Levitt (Economist)
    Stephen Dubner (Journalist)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I had a similar issue with my medical paperwork: I didn't notice the fine print next to the polio & tetanus boosters that mentioned they needed to be after the age 18 & within the past 5 years... two shots and a few troublesome fax machines later, I had the clearance.

    Currently reading: Kite Runner

    ReplyDelete