Saturday, March 5, 2011

Dolce far niente

I wish I knew how to apply "dolce far niente" (the sweetness of doing nothing) to my life.  Ever since I can remember, I have been in the fast track lane... always racing.  This year isn't any different.  I took an internship that requires 10 hours a week of research, 10 hours I really don't have with my last semester, full work schedule and my senioritis.

Somehow, everything will work out though.  It always does.  You want to know the best part about being super busy?  I think I have cured RAS.  I mean I get the occasional restlessness but for the most part I have come to terms that I either leave in June or leave later.  I am not sure which one I would prefer at this moment?  I mean my sister will be getting married next Aprilish? and I want to help her plan as much as I can before I were to leave.  Plus, the idea of packing up and selling all my stuff sounds daunting, especially if I leave a couple weeks after graduation (I graduate May 21st).  However, I think it will all work out.  I need to remind myself to stay this positive and carefree when it comes lol. :)

I feel extremely blessed that my family supports me 100%, and I have the best family.  There are so many changes happening in everyones lives right now.  I read this blog about the inbetween stages from school to finding a job and/or volunteering with the Peace Corps and I think we all go through this grey area.  We don't know what to expect or where we will be in a few months... and this causes anxiety for most or the feeling of being unproductive.

The only thing I can fully say is that you will experience this grey area in whatever you do.  If its waiting for Peace Corps, or waiting for a job opportunity, or starting a family etc.  I have seen it in so many different forms... and the funny part about it.  We are all doing it.  We are all waiting for something.  I need to learn not to wait, but to live in the present but its so damn hard when you are too excited.

Ciao

Katie

No comments:

Post a Comment